Sunday, July 24, 2011

I said I'm Artistic Not Autistic!

Sometimes I do feel like I am a bit autistic because it can be very difficult for an artist to concentrate on anything else but the art.  I am not demeaning any one with autism because I  am painfully aware of how hard it is to belong to the world.  What I do need is a routine and a little discipline.  My kiln should be ready first thing in the morning so when I wake up I can just turn it on to fire the piece that should be patiently waiting to be fired.  Unfortunately that piece is still in my sketch book waiting for the glass to be bought, then cut, then ground, then cleaned then fired and shaped.  But the laundry has to be done, the kids have to be cared for and loved, the house must be cleaned, the garden must be tended, the food must be cooked, exercise is ordered by the doctor, and attention is demanded by the hubby.  I am sorry but I need at least 6 hours of sleep a night or my fangs start to come out. I need to stay organized.

What it really comes down to is, I must make the time, set it aside and protect it with my life.  When this time is over I must stop, walk away from it and join the world.  I must not stay just another minute, I must punch out and go back to my domestic bliss.  This way I can go back tomorrow and do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment