Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 New year's Resolution #1

One of my loathsome New Year's resolutions is a common one.  Exercise more, eat less, get healthy.  Now I am not doing this to get "skinny"  I am doing this to get healthy.  My mom called the other day and said that her doctor told her she had plaque in her carotid artery.  Her cholesterol is 179.  I am only 19 years younger than she and my cholesterol is 243.  I have a 6 year old and an 8 year old that I would dearly love to  kiss and hug until they are mothers themselves.  Mostly I want to do this for myself so that I may live and not merely survive. We are a society that is growing fatter, wider and unhealthier by the minute.  We eat more processed food, more sugar and more of everything than any other nation.  One magazine article I read, stated that if the rest of the world ate as much as Americans, we would need 2 more planets to sustain us.  Think about that next time you reach for something you truly don't need.  Remember the idiom, just because you can does not mean you should.  So I have cut down the size of my helpings and the number of them.  I am eliminating processed foods as much as possible from my diet.  I am walking every day.  Sometimes I even run. Now I make this resolution every year, but this time I believe I will succeed.  Why?-  Because I have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment