Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Resolution #3 The Church Bells Are Ringing

There seems to be an open and heated debate between those who believe in God and those who do not.  I just recently saw a sign that said God is  your invisible friend.  Our country was founded on the most basic freedom.  Freedom of religion.  Now that very freedom is coming under attack.  We cannot pray in schools,  We cannot celebrate Christmas.  Easter is a joke.  Yet our country will bend over backwards to accommodate atheists, Muslims, and other religions.  Why is Christianity being so abused and so secondary.  IN GOD WE TRUST. is on our money but for how long?  I know that some people in the Christian faith have been publicly ridiculed because of their failings.  To be a  Christian does not mean to be perfect-  we are all struggling to be the best we can be.  I Follow God's laws to the best of my ability.  I too fail.  That is the whole reason of the belief That God has our backs.  He knows we will sin yet through Jesus he has saved us. Faith is a rare yet valuable thing.  To have faith in God absolutely,  you have inner peace.  To know that I am not alone and that there is a heaven after everything in this life is done gives me inner peace. I have faith and I believe.  What I do not have is a church community  So this year I have challenged myself to go and find a church home.
To be  Christian does not mean to be stupid or lazy.  To be Christian means we believe that the only way to salvation is through Christ.  This does not make us weak. Quite the contrary.  By following our faith we take pause in every decision by praying.  You laugh, but if I said meditating you would be oh yeah, cool. Do not let semantics prejudice you against Christianity.  Consider this: What truly makes us different from the other animals on the planet?  Is it because we think?  No chimps and gorillas think.  Is it because we have technology?  No we have basically destroyed our planet without any regard searching for the next bigger and better not unlike a horde of locusts eating through a field.  Is it our capacity to love, nurture and socialize-  No, animals through out the world care for their young, stay with their partners and socialize.  So what makes us truly different?  Our belief in a higher power is what seperates us. After all without God we are just another ant colony with bigger nests.

No comments:

Post a Comment